I’m a big believer in “Quality”, and its what keeps me alive in this business. Its also what attracts others to my work and that is what keeps me satisfied => to grow and grow “the right way” with the web.
Having said that its true that many people do compromise on the quality that they deliver for their clients (especially in Pakistan) and thats a real shame, to say the least….
I have talked to so many people about this but they just look at me and say “Oh thats an awesome site!!” After all most of them dont have anything to compare it with, nor do they care to. Obaid is one individual that steps up and isnt afraid to speak out loud and have people here his voice. And thats a good thing..
Reasons why “A quality driven approach” in all its entirety has helped me, and might help you too 😉
- Get noticed and fast with quality over quantity: Might is right just doesn’t work anymore. Try and revel in the LIM Approach (Less is More!)
- Satisfaction: A deep feeling of satisfaction is achieved when you put the desired effort into your work. At the end of the day if you feel good about your work, you will never work a day in your life.
- Staying out of your comfort zone: When approaching a solution try and move away from your comfort zone and target higher-end technologies that you don’t really know about. Higher end solutions are always quality driven…
- Build Confidence: Confidence is one of the keys to success in any business and especially with the ever-changing web. Start out by actually implementing what you have learned into your solutions on a day to day basis.
- Setting yourself apart from the rest of the pack (Individualism): This is debatable here in Pakistan, nevertheless I still believe that you should distinctly separate your work from the rest of the pack. A v
Ultimately the above reasons is why i have stuck to my guns in the last year and half or so. I could have easily gone the “average” way but what fun and challenge would that be. I like to push myself, and really feel that the youngsters here in Pakistan should also.