Screenshots of some of the new features added and improvements of older features. The features i liked where the support for (a) support for ligatures (b) vertical text and (c) easy integration of 3D capabilities.
Other features to note is advanced support for text since the Flash Adobe Player team and Product manager Justin Everett-Church have built up the text engine from ground up. You can take a device font and style it while adding filters to it as well. The features i liked the best was multi column support for text fields and especially the fact that you can create custom components extending the already built in ones.
Another awesome feature is support for RTMFP and P2P.
There has been a lot of great excitement around RTMFP (Real Time Media Flow Protocol), especially because of the peer to peer (P2P) communication that is enabled in Flash Player 10 beta. This is a natural time to speculate about what cool applications you will build with new technology, so I’d like to give you some more information for you to work with.
Since I have been frequently been asked about details on this, a frequently asked questions format somehow seemed appropriate ;). For those that want to start working with RTMFP, make sure to read to the end, there is a goody for you!
You may read more about it here on Justin’s blog, or watch some of the video demos listed below:
- Watch Justin Everett-Church, Sr. Product Manager for Flash Player, demonstrate 3D effects
- Watch Justin Everett-Church demonstrate custom filters and effects
- Watch Justin Everett-Church demonstrate advanced text layout
- Watch Justin Everett-Church talk about the enhanced Drawing API
- Watch Justin Everett-Church talk about the visual performance improvements
- Watch Lee Brimelow explain how to start creating content for Flash Player 10
- Learn how to take ordinary display objects into the third dimension
- Learn how to dynamically create sounds
- Learn how to read and write local files using File Reference runtime access
- Launch the Adobe Pixel Bender filter demo